Wholesale VoIP Featured Article
Telinta Develops Auto-Provisioning Profiles for Select Panasonic SIP Phones
While the telephone did revolutionize the way we communicate and made the world we live in much smaller, many of its limitations were not made aware until the Internet came around. Once the growing pains of the early days of the Internet were over, the deluge of innovations this technology has introduced have forever transformed the way we do virtually everything, including how we communicate. As IP telephony continues to evolve, hardware manufacturers and service providers are coming together to further improve this platform. A successful interoperability testing of the latest series SIP-based telephones from Panasonic (News - Alert) by Telinta is the latest example.
As a global provider of cloud-based switching and billing solutions for Internet Telephony Service Providers (ITSPs), Telinta completed the testing by developing Auto-Provisioning Profiles for select models of Panasonic's enterprise-grade SIP phones.
The profiles Telinta created is designed to allow ITSP to automate deployments of Panasonic SIP phones through its cloud-based softswitch platform quickly and efficiently, thus eliminating any of the problems with installations and compatibility. With this single platform, ITSPs will be able to perform phone provisioning, feature activation, billing and customer management and other key processes. Using the Telinta Web-based interface they will be able to manage their business without additional applications and fees associated with the cost of ownership.
The Panasonic SIP UTG200/300 series had to go through several different interoperability testing to ensure it meets Telinta’s and industry standards. This includes basic functionality, advanced calling features, scalability and reliability so enterprise users of ITSP customers can have all the options they need to thrive in today’s multifaceted working environment.
Some of the features of the new Panasonic SIP UTG200/300 series include:
- A 3.5-inch, QVGA 320*240 color graphical TFT LCD display,
- Networking capability with 2 Gigabit Ethernets, class 2 Power over Ethernet (PoE),
- Full duplex speakerphone, Eight-level handset/speaker/headset volume, nine ringtones, nine-level ringer volume, headset port, electric hook switch control port,
- Keys with 24 programmable keys (three pages of eight), navigator and cancel keys,
- A software with 1,000 phone book entries, 4 lines of call log entries (each line: 100 placed call + 100 received call + 100 missed call), and conferencing (3 parties),
- IP features with four SIP accounts, IPv4/IPv6 versions, DHCP clients, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, SNTP client, VLAN (802.1q) Qos (DiffServ), and
- SIP compatibility with RFC 3261 Standard SIP Server, BroadSoft (News - Alert), Metaswitch and Digum.
Once the Panasonic phones are connected to an IP network, the Telinta platform will be downloaded with a configured profile delivering carrier grade communication solutions and services. This automated process simplifies the deployment of multiple phones in different locations around the world, so organizations can have the same communications solution in place no matter where they are.
Edited by Dominick Sorrentino