Wholesale VoIP Feature Article
Wholesale VoIP for the Rest of Us
Are you tired of being at the mercy of your telephone provider, paying through the nose for long distance phone calls and forking over your paycheck to cover special features? If you’ve been toying with the idea of opting for VoIP, but are intimidated by technological jargon, don’t fret. Here is an explanation of what VoIP is, what you need to get it, and how it can save you a fortune.
VoIP in plain English
The term “VoIP” is an acronym for “voice over internet protocol,” but don’t worry if you can’t remember what it stands for. Just pronounce “voyp” and you’ll be fine.
Basically, what VoIP does is allow you to use the Internet to make and receive phone calls. Your traditional landline uses actual physical wires and circuit switches to transmit calls–and this aging infrastructure is expensive to maintain. VoIP allows you to bypass this costly system and use your existing Internet service to facilitate cheap telephone calls.
The Benefits of VoIP
VoIP is revolutionizing the telephone communications industry for a number of reasons.
- It’s cheap. Many VoIP providers enable you to place long distance calls anywhere within the continental United States or Canada for an extremely low price. Plus, overseas calls can be made at a significantly reduced rate. Depending on your usage, you may wish to opt for a flat monthly rate that offers unlimited calls or, if you prefer, a “pay per call” plan.
- Features are included. Unlike your traditional telephone company, your flat monthly rate charged by a VoIP provider typically includes features like Caller ID, Call Waiting, Voice Mail, and Call Forwarding.
- Minimal Equipment Required. Many corporate phone systems require the installation of special equipment, and this comes at a huge cost. VoIP requires very little (if any) extra equipment and allows for your company’s rapid growth and its subsequent communication needs.
Switching to a VoIP service is simple. Here’s what you’ll need before you make the move.
- Broadband Internet Connection. Typically, you will need a connection that is “always on.” The more people you have using the phone system at the same time, the more bandwidth you’ll need. Before contacting a provider, make sure that you have a realistic picture of how many simultaneous calls your system will need to handle.
- Know your needs. Having an accurate idea of what your communication needs entail will do more than enable your provider to determine your bandwidth. It will also help you select your provider in the first place. If you make a large number of long distance calls, for instance, you will likely want to opt for a flat-fee plan that includes unlimited calls. If, however, you make very few calls, you will likely want to pay for each call individually.
While VoIP sounds like a complicated -- and frightening -- piece of technical lingo, it is actually a very straightforward concept. And, it has the potential to save you a wad of cash. Bonus!
Edited by Rory J. Thompson
Working for North America's largest Wholesale VoIP Provider, I often get the chance to engage with customers who are excited about launching their new VoIP business.
Last week, we discussed choosing your target market for VoIP services. This week, we will review the different VoIP businesses available in the market today.
With today's technological craze, the VoIP industry is booming. The increase in VoIP technology has created an abundance of service providers and wholesale DID origination providers.
Selecting a Wholesale DID Origination Provider Part 2: Monthly Recurring Cost and Non-Recurring Costs
As mentioned in Part 1 of this 3-part series, today's VoIP market is booming. With this increased interest in VoIP comes a wave of service providers and wholesale VoIP carriers.
As discussed in Part 1 and 2 of this white paper, choosing a DID origination provider can be an overwhelming task in today�s thriving VoIP market.
- Wholesale VoIP Origniation
- Wholesale VoIP Termination
- Wholesale VoIP Tool-Free
- Enhanced 911
- DID Warehouse
- Enhanced 911